- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Yahoo! Widgets is fully compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Yahoo! Widgets is also compatible with ▼▲
Versions of Yahoo! Widgets
|Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2 15/01/10||Free||English||
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
Keep the stuff that you love right at your fingertips
- Yes! We've added HTML support to Konfabulator! It is provided by an embedded version of WebKit, the open-source engine that is also the basis of Apple's Safari browser.
- For security reasons, only local HTML (HTML that is included in the Widget bundle) can access Konfabulator functionality. Remote HTML (HTML fetched from the Internet) is strictly sandboxed.
- As if HTML weren't enough, we've also added Flash support to Konfabulator. The new Flash object allows developers to load Flash content into their Widgets. The Flash object exposes all methods that are normally available to Flash developers (Play, Stop, Back, Forward, Rewind, etc.). As with HTML objects, Flash objects can be combined with other Konfabulator objects, rotated, etc. As with 'fetched' HTML, the bridge between Flash and Konfabulator is strictly unidirectional - it is not possible to call Konfabulator APIs from within Flash.
- An enhanced security block in version 4.5 allows developers to specify Widget operations, such as file system access or Internet access, in fine-grained detail. This information is displayed to the end-user in a redesigned security dialog when the Widget runs for the first time. If the Widget tries to perform a potentially malicious operation that was not declared in the security block, Konfabulator stops the widget from running. If the security block is not present, the user is notified that full rights are being granted to the Widget -- this allows legacy Widgets, which were created without a security block, to run.
Review last updated: 15/05/13
- Thousands of widgets available
- ‘Floating’ widgets mean they don’t intrude on the desktop environment
- Functionality for creating your own widgets
- Not compatible with My Yahoo!
- Running many widgets can tie up system resources, though this is much improved in the latest release
Articles Yahoo! Widgets
Mozilla and OTOY, a cloud rendering company, are working on creating a codec that can play video and... See more
For the next 24 hours, you can download the latest version of KMPlayer 3.6 exclusively from Softonic.... See more
Questions and answers Yahoo! Widgets
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********